The Email accounts we create in cPanel are not connected with any personal Email so there is no way to reset a password from the user side. Only a system administrator can do it. So, In his short tutorial, We will show you how you can update the password for E-mail accounts in your cPanel.
One of the important parts of Email management is the password reset of the existing email accounts. For ensure better security, it is recommended to change the password of email accounts regularly. We can reset the password of Email account either via cPanel or via Webmail. The steps to reset email password are listed below.
Reset Email Account Password via cPanel
To reset the password of email accounts via cPanel, please follow the below steps:
1. Login to cPanel.
2. Select the option “Email Accounts” from the “EMAIL” section
3. Select the option “Manage” from the options of email accounts along with the desired email account.
4. Enter a new password on the “New Password” field under the “SECURITY” section.
5. After entering the new password, select the option “Update Email Settings” to update the changes.
Reset Email Account Password via Webmail
The steps to reset email account password from Webmail are:
1. Login to Webmail.
2. Select the “Password & Security” option from the listed menu on the top-right corner of the Webmail under the email address name displayed.
3. Enter the new password you wish to use for your email account on the “New Password” field and retype the same password on the “Confirm New Password” field and then click on the button “Save” to update the new changes.
So, this is how you can reset E-mail passwords in your cPanel account. Let us know in the comment section if you are facing any issue following this article, we will reply to your comments as soon as possible.