Many people use Outlook to manage their emails. It allows users to send/receive emails without the need to open a web-browser or logging into some kind of Webmail. In this tutorial, we will learn how to setup email on Outlook.
In this particular tutorial, we will use an example of an email account created on cPanel, however, similar steps apply to all other email services also.
What you’ll need
Before you begin this guide you’ll need the following:
- Outlook installed on your computer.
- An active email account in your external email provider.
- POP3/IMAP and SMTP details from your email service provider.
Step 1 — Collecting POP3/IMAP and SMTP Details.
Step 1.1 – Collecting Details on Hostinger Control Panel
First of all, from your current email service provider you will need to get POP3/IMAP and SMTP details of the email account you wish to configure on Outlook. Below steps shows how to collect details on Hostarina control panel. If are using a different hosting provider with cPanel, jump to Step 1.2.
- Login to your Hostarina control panel and access Email Accounts section.
Collecting Details on cPanel
Below steps apply to cPanel in particular, but if you are using any other email/hosting service, you can ask them for these details.
Log into your hosting account’s cPanel and follow the instructions below:
- Click on the Email Accounts icon, located under the Email category.
2. Once inside the Email Accounts, click the Set Up Mail Client directory. IMPORTANT! At this point, You should already have a created email account in cPanel.
In this page, you should now see POP3 and SMTP details. cPanel, in particular, provides 2 options: Secure SSL/TLS Settings and Non-SSL Settings. It is always recommended to go with Secure settings.
Copy the information and paste it to any text editor on your computer or simply leave the page open for further use.
Step 2 — Setting up an Email Account on Outlook.
In this example we will use Outlook 2013, however, the same steps apply to other versions also.
- If you opened Outlook for the first time, you should see a Welcome message. Click Next.