This article describes how to install the Roundcube webmail application using the Softaculous installer in cPanel. Please note that Roundcube is also a webmail option which comes pre-installed on all Hostarina Web Hosting accounts!
All cPanel accounts include the Roundcube webmail application by default. However, it is often a few versions behind the latest version. If there is a new Roundcube feature that you need, you can use Softaculous to install a newer version and run it yourself.
To determine which Roundcube version cPanel uses on your server, log in to your account using SSH, and then type the following command:
To install Roundcube using Softaculous, follow these steps:
- Log in to cPanel.
- In the SOFTACULOUS APPS INSTALLER section of the cPanel home screen, click any of the options under Categories. The Softaculous installer page appears.
- It does not matter which option you click under Categories. All of them start the Softaculous installer.
- In the Search text box, type roundcube and then press ENTER.
- Alternatively, you can use the navigation pane on the left side. To do this, click Mails, and then click Roundcube.
- Click Install. The installation page appears.
- In the Choose Protocol list box, select the protocol.
Note: If you have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select https:// or https://www. If you do not have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select http:// or http://www.
- Because you must send account login information for a webmail application like Roundcube, you should only use SSL connections.
- In the Choose Domain list box, select the domain for installation, or accept the default value.
- In the In Directory text box, type the directory where you want to install the application, or accept the default value.
Note: If you want your domain name to go directly to the application, make sure the In Directory text box is blank.
- In the Database Name text box, type the name of the database to create for the application, or accept the default value.
- In the Table Prefix text box, type the database table prefix, or accept the default value.
- In the Site Name text box, type the site name. The site name appears on the Roundcube login page.
- Under IMAP Settings, in the Server Address text box, type your domain name (for example, example.com).
- In the Connection Type list box, select SSL.
- In the IMAP Port text box, type 993.
- In the Select Language list box, select the default language for the application.
- Click the Advanced Options icon icon to expand Advanced Options.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail notifications when application updates are available, select the Disable Update Notifications check box.
- To receive site configuration information after the installation is complete, type an e-mail address in the Email installation details to text box.
- Review the installation options and settings, and then click Install. When installation is complete, Softaculous provides information about the application's configuration.